top of page

See Below For Class 3 FAQ's


We are the area's only Class 3 dealer with a Silencer Shop Kiosk!

At Base Camp Guns we make the purchase process of your class 3 item a breeze.  By utilizing the Silencer Shop Kiosk we are able to do all of the Class 3 requirements in our store.  This includes your photograph, fingerprints and electronic filing of the Form 1 and Form 4.

We offer a wide variety of silencer options.

Go to our Silencer Shop Affiliate below!

Gun Shop-10_edited.jpg

Silencer Shop Kiosk

For more information on how to purchase a silencer.  See our Class 3 FAQ'S Below!

Gun Shop-15_edited.jpg
Gun Shop-17.jpg
Gun Shop-16.jpg
Gun Shop-19.jpg
  • Who can own a silencer?
    Any US Citizen over 21 years old, without a felony conviction and a resident of a state that allows silencer ownership. Those states are as follows: AL, AR, AK, AZ, CO, CT, FL, GA, IA, ID, IN, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MI, MO, MS, MT, ND, NE, NV, NH, NM, NC, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI, WV and WY.
  • What is required to own a silencer?
    There is no "license" required. In general, you must fill out a form 4 (Application for Tax Paid Transfer and Registration of a Firearm), supply fingerprints, passport photo, and a $200 check payable to ATF. Once ATF approves the transfer, you may take possession of your silencer. We will hold your silencer until you get approved. Approval times typically vary from 6 months to 9 months. The good news is, Base Camp Guns can take care of your fingerprints, photo, check, and Form 4 in about 20 minutes!
  • Can I use one silencer for multiple guns and calibers?
    YES! For example, a 30-caliber rifle silencer can be used on anything with a 30 caliber projectile and smaller. So, you could use it on a .308, .270, .223, 204, etc.
  • What is a Silencershop Kiosk?
    Base Camp Guns works with to process all silencer transfers. The transfers require fingerprints, passport photo, form 4 and $200. Normally, you would have to go somewhere to get prints and photos done, compile your own form 4, write a check, and then package it all up and mail it to ATF. With the Silencershop kiosk at Base Camp Guns, we can do it all for you in about 20 minutes!
  • Ok, I'm ready to buy a silencer, what do I need to bring with me?"
    The only thing we need is your driver's license. It also helps if you have your smart phone as well. If you don't have a smart phone, we can do that part for you!
  • What is a trust and why would I need one?
    There are a number of ways to apply for a silencer. The most common ways are as an individual or as a trust. If you apply using a trust, the form 4 will be in the trust's name but you will be a trustee which gives you access to the silencer. After approval, you can add trustees to the trust without fingerprints, photo, $200 tax stamp or any waiting period. This allows you to share your silencer with a friend or relative without them going through all the hassle.
bottom of page